Oct 02
SP 2013 - Sign in as Different User

Sign in as a Different User is removed in SP2013 to add it to the menu again a change have to be done to the Welcome.ascx page.


If you are change the SharePoint site as administrator there are things that can not be testet and don't look as the normal user will see the page. On this condition you will like to change user many time on you work.

In SP 2013 you can't signout without makeing som changes to the standard welcome.ascx page on SharePoint.

To put back the Sign in as a Different User do the following:

1.) Locate the file Welcome.ascx in the folder ​\15\Template\CONTROLTEMPLATES

2.) Open the file in a text editor and add the following code between the ID_PersonalInformation and ID_RequestAccess tag.

<SharePoint:MenuItemTemplate runat="server" ID="ID_LoginAsDifferentUser"


3.) Save the file. This should be done on all servers on the farm.​

Now it should look like this:


Jun 18
MOSS 2007 - Move list template (stp) with lookup from one server to another.

​When moving or copying a list template with lookup to another list from one server to another, you need to change the ID of the looked up list.

  1. Extract the list template:
    Site Actions -> Site Settings
    Choose List Template, click the template to save.
  2. When the List Template is saved, create the list that is the lookup list on the destination server, and get the ID from the new list.
    You get the ID from the content database. In the table AllLists you find the ID in the tp_ID column.
  3. Rename the stp file to cab and open the file. In the file is a manifest.xml file.
  4. Find the lookup in the xml file and change the GUID to the ID found in the database.
  5. Create a new cab file of the manifest.xml file you changed, by calling:
    makecab manifest.xml
    from a command prompt.
  6. Rename the file to myListTemplate.stp and the list template is ready to be used on the new server.
May 28
MOSS2007 - An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action.

I tried to remove the content database using CA, i got the same error when I tried to add a new content database. 

An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPWebApplication Name= Parent=SPWebService is being updated by , in the STSADM process, on machine


This KB soled the problem:


Jan 19
Welcome to my blog!

This is where I'll be sharing my thoughts on topics that matter to me. Who knows... I might even share pictures, videos and links to other interesting stuff.

If I catch your interest, let me hear from you.